WAYNESBORO – Fire and EMS organizations in the 90th Legislative District have been awarded more than $103,000 in funding through the 2017-18 Pennsylvania Fire Company and Ambulance Service Grant Program, Rep. Paul Schemel (R-Franklin) announced today.
“These dedicated volunteers are there for us whenever the alarm rings, providing a vital community service,” said Schemel. “I am pleased this state program is available to provide them with some additional support in order to maintain their operations.”
Projects eligible for funding include construction or renovation of a fire or ambulance company facility, purchase or repair of equipment, training or reduction of existing debt.
Following is a list of fire and EMS organizations in the 90th Legislative District that received grants and the amount of their awards:
• Blue Ridge Mountain Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad Inc. (EMS) – $7,037.40.
• Blue Ridge Mountain Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad Inc. (fire) – $13,754.78.
• Franklin Fire Company – $15,000.
• Pleasant Hall Volunteer Fire Company (EMS) – $3,842.64.
• Pleasant Hall Volunteer Fire Company (fire) – $12,280.41.
• Rescue Hose Company No. 1 Inc. – $11,055.
• Waynesboro Ambulance Squad Inc. – $7,037.40.
• Waynesboro Area Advanced Life Support Unit Inc. – $7,037.40.
• Waynesboro Volunteer Fire Department Inc. – $26,544.85.
The funding comes from an ongoing grant program created by the Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and Office of the State Fire Commissioner.
All grants are generated from slot machine gaming proceeds, and not General Fund tax revenue.
Representative Paul Schemel
90th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Andy Briggs